Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Have you ever been swimming and felt like you had bricks in your hands? Well today that is just how I felt. I just couldn't get it going today. I thought about just getting out and going back to the hotel but decided that even when I'm having a bad day I need to train. Here is what I did slugging it out at the pool: 1x300m, 2x200m, 3x100m, 18x50m for a total of 1900m. That is not that far for a workout but I felt like I was swimming to England. Friday will be better.

My crossfit workout was an ass kicker too. Not because I was having an off day but just because it sucked. Here it is: 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps for time of: Power cleans, thrusters, back squats, push jerks. I used 65 lbs and did it in 18:34. I know that is not much weight but once you start slinging that around it gets real heavy really fast. After yesterday's 100 pullups and 100 pushups I'm nice and sore today.

Tomorrow I'm going to take it kind easy and just do a crossfit workout.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter