Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Friday, May 21, 2010

Long Day!!

Today was the longest workout day of the week for me. If I could have only made room for a crossfit workout...haha. I started the day at 0530 with a peanut butter and honey sandwich. After letting that settle for a few minutes, I got out the bike and was on the road at 0600. The schedule for today was to do a 3 hour bike followed immediately by a 30 minute run. The bike was ok although traffic got a little crazy around 0800. I did the ride in exactly 3 hours for a total distance of 53.8 miles. Not as fast as I'd like to be but it was a good workout just the same. I took about 5 minutes to change into my running gear and took off for the Sea Shore state park trail. I must admit that I felt great and running is thankfully my best event. I was able to cover 4.28 miles during the 30 minute run. I love running when I feel good.

I took about 5 hours off and then met my friends Bill G. and Scott K. for some swimming around lake Christopher in VA Bch. We did one lap around the lake which is about .98 miles. I feel like my swimming is getting a little better since I was able to do the swim today in 28:11. My last time for that swim was 29:01 so I'm starting to see some improvement. I'm just going to keep hitting it until swimming is my best event.

Tonight I'm having pizza with all my girls.

Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter