Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Monday, September 13, 2010

Xfit and a swim

Today was a good day! I was able to fly most of the day at work, which was great. I was also able to get in an crossfit workout and a swim. I did the crossfit workout at work. Since I haven't been doing crossfit for a few months I started pretty easy. The workout of the day was 15-12-9 reps of 135lb thrusters and weighted pullups. Now I said I started easy so I didn't do 135lbs thrusters. I did 95lbs and that was plenty. I also did regular pullups and not weighted ones. It's been awhile and my legs were pretty shaky after the workout. I felt great!! My time was 8:40.

I did my swim in the Chesapeake bay near my house. This is a weekly group that I meet up with to do open water swims. We normally swim 800 meters but somebody decided to put up a fishing net about 200m from our turn around point. So we headed back to the start point. We ended up swimming 1200 meters and my time was 22:32. I'm pretty much concentrating on technique and bilateral breathing for right now. The speed will come with time.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter