Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Monday/Tuesday

Hello Friends,

Well I survived my weekend and had a great time in the process. We went hiking, visited historical sites, got a personal tour of VMI and finished off with an afternoon at the D-Day memorial in Bedford, VA. It was a great weekend!!

On Monday I found some time to get my swim on in the am hours. Once I found a rec center with an open pool I was able to complete the following workout. Warmup 600m free then, 200m free (30s RI), 3x100m Free (15s RI), 200m free (30s RI), 3x100m free (1 min RI), 12x50m free (15s RI/Odd easy/even fast), cooldown 200m back/free. Total distance was 2400m in a time of 39:58. That is right at 1:40 per 100m which is about 8 seconds per 100m faster than my ironman time. My goal is to continue improving in the swim. I then spent the day flying and working. When I got home, I was planning to do a 1 hour run but traffic and the setting sun were working against me. So I did the best I could and managed to run 41:13 covering 5.31 miles.

Today I did my normal Tuesday brick. I started off on the bike by taking it easy for the first 30 minutes before picking up the pace. I finished the 18 miles in 1:01:08. Nothing special, just a good day on the bike. I then took off for a 30 minute run. I decided to run with my heart rate monitor to see how my ticker is working. I used the old 220 minus your age to get my max heart rate and then ran at 80% of that which is about 136 bpm for me. Surprisingly at 136 bpm I run a 7:55 mile. Amazing!! I ended up doing just over 30 minutes and covered 3.88 miles. Perhaps I'll give this heart rate training a chance to see what happens!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter