Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Friday, September 24, 2010

Thursday/Friday

OK where did I leave off? Oh yes, I was swimming on Thursday. I had plans to ride and swim but I only got around to swimming. The good thing is I had a great session in the pool. I only swam 2100 meters but I did it in 31:29. That my friends is an average of 1:30 per 100 meters. I'm thinking that all my technique swimming is starting to pay off. In contrast my Ironman swim time was 1:46 per 100 meter. I'm going to keep working on my swimming throughout the fall, winter and spring.

Today I did a very short slow run. I just wanted to get out and cruise along at 8 minute pace and that is just what I did. I only ran 4.3 miles but it was nice and my body is happy about it. I'm going to take it easy for the weekend and start again on Monday. I've decided that I'm going to probably only do one workout per day through the "off season". We'll see how that goes.

See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter