Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Monday, September 27, 2010

Run - Crossfit - Swim

Today was a busy workout day. When I got to work today I had no plans of running since I just wanted to do crossfit and swim. But when a friend at work offered me a chance to run I just couldn't say no. I didn't have my running shoes but I did have my Teva sandals. Not the kind with two straps but the ones that look like regular shoes with a bunch of holes in them. My friend was running 7 miles but I really didn't need or want to go that far. So I turned around after 2 miles. Once on my own I did what I always do, I picked up the pace. I ended up running 4.1 miles in 31 minutes, which is around 7:30 per mile. The sandals were great and very comfy too.

When I finished the run I went to the our crossfit gym at work and did today's workout. Only I did the "light" version, basically I did half of the workout. Here is what I did: 5 rounds of 135 lb deadlift, 10 reps; pushups, 15 reps. I'm sure I'll feel that in my lower back tomorrow.

I then headed home around 4pm to meet up with some friends at chick's beach for an open water swim. However, no body showed up but me and I really didn't want to do an open water swim without somebody watching out for me. So I headed to the local rec center and ended up doing 2500 meters. Here is the workout: warmup 400m free then 4x400m (20s RI), 16x25m (20s RI, odds fast for 12.5m/easy for 12.5m, evens fast), 100m cooldown. Total time was 41:47, which is 1:40 per 100m. If I haven't said it enough I'm really starting to enjoy swimming.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter