Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Friday, September 3, 2010

Today was a mostly lazy day. I had my girls and we just hung out at home most of the day waiting for Hurricane Earl to go away. It was the wimpiest hurricane I have ever seen in the area. I'm not complaining because it could have been very bad. In the afternoon I too the girls to there mom's house so I could go do a short swim. I didn't do anything crazy just some drills and builds. Here is what I did: warm up 300m free, 50m kick then 4x(4x25m catch up, 4x25m builds), 300m free, done. Total distance was 1450m and my total time was 29:08. I'm going to be doing a lot of drilling over the winter and next year I will be faster and stronger in the water.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter