Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Today I did another easy workout. I rode the bike for 50 minutes covering 16 miles and then I did some split jerks. I've been reading that a lot of coaches recommend athletes take it easy for a few weeks after an ironman. Even though I feel great my body is still repairing from the damage of the race. They do recommend that I swim. Which is something I'm going to do a lot of this winter. So I'm going to pass on the Rock and Roll half this time around. I am going to head down and cheer for all the people running. I'll start running and biking again after next week. I'll just continue to do some swimming and light weights until then.

After that I'm going to go into a maintenance plan to help maintain my fitness and strength. Next year when I start gearing up for Ironman Canada on 1 Feb my body will be healthy and ready to go.

Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter