Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Brick day

I'm sitting here writing this blog and I can't believe that it's only Tuesday. I'm not sure why but it just seems later in the week than Tuesday. I guess when you're busy working and working out you lose track of time. Tomorrow will be no different since I have a full day of flying planned, plus a bike and swim. Somehow I'll get it done and eventually get to Friday.

Anyway, today I started doing my brick workouts again. I'm going to try and do short brick workouts through the fall and winter. Today I did 16 miles in 47 minutes followed immediately by a 2.7 mile run in 20 minutes. It really felt good to get back on the bike after taking some time off but the run was the best part. My plan was to just go and cruise comfortably on the run and that's just what I did. I was surprised to see that my average pace was 7:26 per mile. My left calf only bothered me a little so I'll continue to take it easy for awhile. It's good to be back training!!

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter