Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Monday, October 4, 2010

Swim Day

Ok I'm changing up my training a little bit for the next few months. I started a burpee challenge again, so I'll be doing 100 days of burpees. Today was 2 burpees.

I'm going to be trying to maintain a HR of no more than 139 bpm during my workouts. I'm also going to start doing crossfit at least two times per week. I figure that with all the swimming, biking, running and two crossfit workouts per week my upper body and core will be getting plenty of work. So today I did a crossfit workout during lunch. I scaled back the crossfit workout of the day so that I don't get so sore I can't do anything else. Here is what I did: 15' rope climb x 3, 20 back squats; 15' rope climb x 2, 15 back squats; 15' rope climb x 1, 10 back squats. I used 95 lbs for all the squats and even though that doesn't sound like much my legs were trembling when I finished. Maybe I'm not in as good of shape as I think!

After work I stopped at the fleet rec 50m pool. OK from now on I'm going to call this the Navy pool. Is that OK with everybody? I figure by now you guys have heard it enough that you know what it is and anybody that is new to the blog will just have to ask where or what it is when they get curious. Anyway, I stopped at the Navy pool on the way home for a swim session. Here is what I did: Warm up 600m easy then 6x50 stroke drill (20s RI), 2 x 600m pull (45s RI), cool down 400m easy. Total distance was 2500m with a total time of 44:41.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter