Ironman Canada Goals

Here are my goals for Ironman Canada. I'm putting them on the blog so that everyday I'll be reminded of what I'm working toward.

Swim-1:00:00 T1-:4:00 Bike-5:30:00 T2-:4:00 Run-3:30:00

Total - 10:08:00


How to achieve world class fitness!!

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bike/Run

Today I did a 1 hour bike followed by a 40 minute run, plus I did my 3 burpees for the day. I did the bike without letting my heart rate exceed 140 bpm. Actually I had a hard time getting it to 140 bpm. When all was said and done my average was only 134 bpm. I was able to cover 20.5 miles during the ride. It was a bit chilly but a very nice day for riding.

I then did a 40 minute run. The run goal was to go slow and keep my heart rate down below 135 bpm. It was killing me to run that slowly. However, just like on the bike it was an awesome day for a run. In light of my snail pace I was only able to cover 4.15 miles during my 40 minute run.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter